Cheese Omelette | Healthy Egg Omelette - Breakfast Recipe | Kanak's Kitchen
Classic Cheese Omelet
Mar 21, 2008
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Total Time: 0 hours 18
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp. margarine or butter
shredded Cheddar, Gruyère, or Fontina cheese
chopped green onions
Toasted country-style bread (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Place 4 dinner plates in oven to warm. In medium bowl, place eggs, water, salt, and black pepper. With fork, beat 25 to 30 quick strokes to blend mixture without making it fluffy. (Overbeating toughens the proteins in the whites.)
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine on medium. When margarine stops sizzling, pour or ladle 1/2 cup egg mixture into skillet.
- After egg mixture begins to set around edges, about 25 to 30 seconds, with heat-safe spatula, carefully push cooked egg from side of skillet toward center, so uncooked egg can reach bottom of hot skillet. Repeat 8 to 10 times around skillet, tilting as necessary, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cook until omelet is almost set but still creamy and moist on top. Place skillet handle facing you, and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on half of omelet.
- With spatula, fold unfilled half over filling.
- Shake pan gently to loosen any egg or filling from edge, then slide omelet to edge of skillet. Holding skillet above warm plate, tip skillet so omelet slides onto plate. Keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining margarine, egg mixture, and cheese to make 4 omelets in all. Sprinkle with green onions and serve with toast if you like.
Video: Cheese Omelet
Here is the full text
7 Crazy Things To Do In Russia
How To Cook Ham Recipe
What Stylish Fashion Bloggers Wear When Bike Riding
Sarah Jessica Parker is looking for the next Carrie Bradshaw
Acme Furniture 80562 Janette End Table
How to Contact Bank of America
What Your Legs Can Tell You Right Now About Your Brain In 10 Years
43 Free Things to Do When Youre Bored of Your Style
Shinola Opens Debut UK Store
Date: 29.11.2018, 01:55 / Views: 54272