TRYING KFC'S NEW CHICKEN & WAFFLES!
How to Eat Chicken and Waffles
Chicken and waffles is a sweet and savory American dish that combines 2 delicious comfort foods. While there are no rules for eating chicken and waffles, there are a few popular ways to do it. If you’re eating the soul food version of the dish, you can eat the fried chicken and waffles separately or combine them and top them off with syrup and hot sauce. If you’re going Pennsylvania Dutch style, top your waffle with shredded chicken and rich gravy. You can also try new twists on an old favorite, like a chicken and waffle sandwich or kebab!
Eating Soul Food Chicken and Waffles
Eat the chicken and waffles separately if you don’t like mixing flavors.If the combination of savory fried chicken and sweet waffles is not for you, try eating the chicken first and saving the waffles for dessert. If you’re a major fried chicken fan, you can also eat the waffles first and save the best for last.
- If you’re eating out, ask your server to put the chicken and toppings on the side. That way, you can create your own chicken and waffle experience.
Dig into both at once if you like the sweet and savory combination.Try putting the chicken on top of the waffles and cutting off pieces of both at the same time. You can also shred the chicken, if you prefer.
- If you’re not sure whether you’re going to like the chicken and waffles together, taste a little bit of each by itself first.
Try adding syrup or honey for extra sweetness.Chicken and waffles are often served with syrup, honey, or both. Drizzle the topping of your choice over the chicken and waffles, or keep them on the side for dipping if you prefer.
- For extra decadence, put a little butter on the waffles as well.
Add hot sauce for a zestier flavor.Chicken and waffles also taste good with a bit of spice. You can either pour hot sauce directly over the chicken, or make your own spicy syrup by whisking together some maple syrup with the hot sauce of your choice.
- Spicy honey makes a great topping for chicken and waffles. Make your own by simmering 8 sliced Fresno chili peppers and 8 dried chili peppers of your choice in 4 cups (950 mL) of light honey for 4-5 minutes.
Having Chicken and Waffles Pennsylvania Dutch Style
Eat the chicken and the waffles together.Pennsylvania Dutch chicken and waffles are served with shredded chicken piled directly on top of the waffles.The chicken may be roasted or stewed.
- In some recipes, the chicken is combined with other flavorful ingredients, such as onions and celery.
Pour on the gravy.This style of chicken and waffles is served with savory gravy instead of sweet syrup or honey. Most recipes use creamy chicken or turkey gravy.
- If you really prefer a sweet topping, try swapping the gravy out for maple syrup.
Have some mashed potatoes on the side if you like.A helping of mashed potatoes along with the chicken and waffles makes for the perfect comfort-food meal. Pour some of the gravy over your potatoes, or mix the potatoes up with the chicken and waffles for a tasty and cozy flavor combination.
Trying Alternative Recipes
Make a chicken and waffle sandwich.This is a fun and easy twist on classic chicken and waffles with numerous possible approaches. For example, you could put the chicken between 2 full-sized waffle “buns” with some greens and bacon. Another popular option is chicken and waffle “sliders” made with mini waffles and popcorn chicken.
- Depending on your mood, you can add either savory toppings (like bleu cheese) or sweet ones (like syrup or honey).
Have a chicken and waffle kebab.Take some long skewers and slide on some mini waffles (or waffle pieces), alternating with pieces of tender, fried chicken. Use (or make) chicken with spicy breading to add extra zest.
- These skewers can go well with sweet or spicy toppings, like syrup, honey, honey mustard, or hot sauce. Drizzle on your topping or keep it on the side for dipping.
Eat a chicken and waffle cone treat.Scoop some hot mashed potatoes and popcorn chicken into a waffle cone. If you like, you can top it all off with a drizzle of hot honey sauce.
- To make the spicy honey topping, whisk together cup (59 mL) of honey with 2 teaspoons (9.9 mL) of hot sauce and a pinch of crushed red pepper. If you like, you can gently heat the mixture in a sauce pan for 4-5 minutes.
Try vegetarian chicken and waffles.If you don’t eat meat, never fear—there are several vegan and vegetarian twists on this comfort food favorite. For example, you can top your waffles with breaded tofu or chickpea-based “chicken."
- If eggs are part of your diet, you can also try topping your waffles with a breaded poached egg.
Video: KFC Chicken & Waffles made me CALL MY MOMMA'!!!
20 Long Pixie Haircuts You Should See
7 Type 2 Diabetes Symptoms That Are So Subtle, You Might Miss Them
You Need To Trust Your Gut
Hepatitis A Vaccine
6 Lovely Three-Step Easy Nail Designs
Is Brown Rice Making You Sick
10 Meals That Should Have Warning Labels
How to Make Lemon Juice
How to Avoid Tooth Decay
Low-Carb Side Dish Recipes
Country Guide: Antigua
PATTERNITY x Clarks Originals Desert Boots
How to Stay Warm at Work