How to make Linzer Wreaths
Jun 25, 2007
Our jam-filled Linzer Wreath cookies make a wonderful holiday hostess gift.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 35
Cook Time: 0 hours 14
Total Time: 0 hours 49
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 c. Sliced almonds
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. seedless raspberry jam
1/2 c. dried cherries
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In food processor, combine 1 cup almonds and sugar. Process until almonds are finely ground. Add butter and process until creamy. Add 1 egg and process until blended. Add flour mixture and pulse until dough begins to come together in a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate until dough is cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, stir jam and cherries. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Set aside to cool. In small cup, beat remaining egg with fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel waxed paper from top of dough, replace with a new sheet, and flip dough over. Peel off waxed paper. Cut dough into circles with floured 2 1/2-inch fluted round cutter. With spatula, transfer to baking sheet. (If dough gets too soft to work with at anytime, refrigerate 15 minutes.)
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of jam mixture into the center of circles. Brush uncovered portion with egg and sprinkle with remaining sliced almonds. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Let stand on baking sheet a few minutes before removing with spatula to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Video: BEST Linzer Cookie Recipe! Easy Linzer Cookies
3 Ways to Cure Ham
How to Work With Bees
Grooming Products That Are A Steal
Karl Lagerfeld Plans On Launching E-Commerce
Calcium 600D Plus Minerals Reviews
How to Treat Color Blindness
How to Redeem SH Green Stamps
10 Stylish Bomber Jackets Perfect forSpring
Smores Ice Cream Pie
Golden Globes 2019: Why So Many Actresses Wore This Gemstone To The Ceremony
4 Labels To Love At Berlin Fashion Week
Men’s Footwear Guide: Updating The Classics
Seriously: This Buzzy Drink Clears Acne and Flattens Your Stomach
Date: 29.11.2018, 05:27 / Views: 45565